Our lifeguard class teaches preventative lifeguarding, in-water rescue techniques, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic first aid skills.
Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a two-year certification in:
- American Red Cross lifeguard training
- First aid
- CPR for the professional rescuer
Next First-Time Class: March 31 – April 2
Next Recertification Class: April 9
Ages: 15 years and older
Cost: $220/three-day class ($150 for recertification)Register Now
You must attend all three days of each certification class, complete the online portion and provide proof of online completion to become certified.
Meet the Director: Rachel Cook | 303-871-7006 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Dates (first-time certification)
First-time certification requires attendance at three-day sessions, running Fridays through Sundays:
- March 31 – April 2
- April 28-30
- May 12-14
- June 2-4
Class hours are as follows. Attendance is required on all three days.
- 5:00-9:00 p.m. Friday
- 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Upcoming Dates (recertification)
Recertification require attendance at one-day sessions from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.:
- April 9
- May 6
$220*/three-day course ($150/three-day course for recertification)
*You will also pay $35 directly to the American Red Cross when you register for the online portion of the class. On your emailed registration receipt, you will receive a link to register for the online portion.
If you cancel six days or more before your first session, you will receive a 90 percent refund of fees paid to DU.
To register for lifeguard certification or recertification:
- Register with DU at least two weeks before the start of in-person classes.
- When you receive your emailed receipt, follow the link to the American Red Cross online learning portion.
- The online portion consists of nine lessons and a test, all of which must be completed before you arrive at the first session of the in-person class. You must pass the online test with a score of at least 80 percent.
- It will take you approximately 9-18 hours to complete the online portion.
- Print or take a picture of your certification of completion, and bring it to the first session of the in-person class.
First-Time Certification Prerequisites
Students seeking their first lifeguard certification must be at least 15 years old (proof of age required) and able to complete:
- a 300-yard continuous swim
- two minutes of treading water
- a 20-yard swim to retrieve a brick then return to the wall, exit and stand up
Students must bring proof of age and proof of completion of the online portion of the class.
Students seeking recertification must be current or previously-certified American Red Cross lifeguards. Proof of current or previous certification must be provided, along with proof of completion of the online portion of the class.
For more information on lifeguard classes, please contact Rachel Cook at 303-871-7006 or email@example.com.