As repairs from the June 24th flood continue around the Ritchie Center, our contractors have made great progress toward restoring affected areas of the facility. Our construction schedule remains fluid as often the contractors are able to address areas ahead of schedule and/or find additional items that need addressing. In an attempt to provide the most updated information to our members and customers, we will be posting daily facility updates with impacts and progress being made to restore the Ritchie Center to its full capacity:
Friday, July 10 Ritchie Center Updates
- Coors Fitness Center – the carpet tin the CFC locker room lobby will be removed tonight beginning at 7 p.m.
- Joy Burns Arena – Locker Rooms 1, 2, 3 & 4 are not 100% complete; however, they are complete enough to be used this weekend. Temporary locker rooms will need to be used tonight after 9 p.m. through 6 a.m. tomorrow due to overnight work, but the locker rooms will be usable the remainder of the weekend.
- Overall Building – On Monday, July 13, the elevator pits will be cleaned so different elevators will be offline at different times throughout the day.
- General Notes – As a reminder, we ask that all patrons within the Ritchie Center are wearing shoes at all times around the facility.
Thursday, July 9 Ritchie Center Updates
- Coors Fitness Center – a vendor will be coming out to look at the bubbles in the weight room floor
- Overall Building – we anticipate painting will begin next week.
- General Notes – Please note that if there is caution tape placed in various venues or on equipment, there is a purpose and we ask that you please respect that the space is temporarily closed as we work to restore the space for your use.
Wednesday, July 8 Ritchie Center Updates
- Joy Burns Arena – repair work occured last night in Joy Burns Locker Rooms 1, 2, 3, & 4 with plywood being put in place to enclose all locker rooms. Locker Room 4 is currently not operational and crews will be working overnight again tonight from 9:30 p.m. – 5:30 a.m. to begin drywall installation. The Locker Rooms will be undergoing different applications of drywall through next week but will remain operational during the day.
- Overall Bulding– painting is set to begin next week. We will share an exact timeline as we receive further information in regards to facility painting.
Tuesday, July 7 Ritchie Center Updates
- Gold Club Locker Rooms – renovations continue in the gold club locker rooms. Members may access their locker and toiletries have been provided in the men’s and women’s crimson locker rooms for use. If any other amenities are needed from the gold club locker rooms (hair dryers, towels, etc), please ask a member of the Coors Fitness Center front desk staff for assistance.
- Crimson Locker Rooms – wall demo and repair in the crimson locker rooms will begin this evening after 10 p.m. At this time, we do not anticipate the demo work will affect daily access to these facilities.
- Joy Burns Arena – repair work will be occurring in Joy Burns Locker Rooms 1, 2, 3 & 4 from 9:30 p.m. – 5:30 a.m. through the remainder of this week, beginning tonight. Plywood and drywall will be installed during these times. We will continue to use temporary locker rooms for scheduled ice programming during these times the rest of the week.
- Overall Building– we anticipate painting will begin at the end of next week and will provide further updates as a schedule is shared. We do not yet have a timeline for flooring replacement but will share information as it becomes available.
We understand some impacts have affected your experience the last few weeks within the Ritchie Center and appreciate your patience as we continue to restore our facility. Please check back daily for ongoing facility updates.