Keep fit with a different work out every day from our staff!
Here are the daily workouts for February 23 – March 1, 2015.
We always recommend that you stretch and complete a five-minute warm-up before and a five-minute cool-down after every workout.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23 – Lower-Body Muscle Build Routine
Details: Do three sets and increase weight as reps while the number of reps decreases for each set (Set 1: 12 reps, Set 2: 10 reps, Set 3: 8 reps):
- Squat press OR front squat
- Single-legged dumbbell deadlifts
- Hamstring curls
- Leg extensions
- Calf raises
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24 – Magness Arena Workout
From personal trainer Alison Eichten
Details: Start your workout on the stairs of Magness Arena before moving to the Coors Fitness Center:
- Stairs: One round using every step
- Stairs: One round using every other step
- Stairs: One round skipping two steps at a time
- Squats: Five sets, 10 reps
- Push-ups: Five sets, 10 reps
- Dips: Five sets, 10 reps
- Reverse pull-ups: Five sets, 10 reps
- Crunches: Five sets, 10 reps
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24 – Arms, Legs and Core Workout
Details: Complete three sets of the following activities:
- Push-ups: 25 reps
- Lunges: 50 reps (25 on each leg)
- Sit-ups: 75 reps
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25 – Arms and Shoulders
Details: Complete five sets of each. The number of reps will increase each set for dips and decrease for each set for push-ups:
- Dips: 5-10-15-20-25 reps
- Shoulder press: 5 reps
- Push-ups: 25-20-15-10-5 reps
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26 – 20-10 Workout
From personal trainer Jill Barghelame
Details: Start with 20 reps of each activity for the first set, then reduce the number of reps by two for each following set until you are 10 reps (20 first set, 18 second set, 16 third set, etc.). Track how long it takes you to complete the workout.
- Pull-ups (if assisted, add weights and reduce to half the reps)
- Dips (if assisted, use two or three plates less on the machine)
- Single-legged squats (number of reps is for each leg; put your opposite foot on a bench behind you)
- Leg raises (lift your head and keep your shoulders down)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28 – 20 Minutes, 20 Reps
From personal trainer Chad Singleton
Details: For each minute, progressively add one rep to each activity, starting with one (first minute = one rep, second minute = two reps, etc.). Try to get to 20 reps for the 20th minute.
- Jump squats
SUNDAY, MARCH 1 – Body Circuit
From personal trainer Julie Wienski
Details: Do each activity for one minute until you complete the circuit, stretch, then repeat:
- Mountain climbers
- Side plank on the right
- Reverse crunches
- Side plank on the left
- Seated twists
Stay tuned for next week’s workouts, coming soon!
*Don’t know some of the activities? Stop by the Coors Fitness Center, and our staff and trainers will help you out!