As a member of the Coors Fitness Center, you have access to the basketball courts in Gates Field House, attached to the fitness center. Gates Field House is a multi-purpose gymnasium featuring two wooden basketball courts and one sport court. It is available for a variety of activities including daily basketball practice, pick-up basketball games and sporting events.
Pick-Up Basketball Games
From 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Mondays, Gates Field House is open for full court pick-up basketball games. It is open to full-time students and Coors Fitness Center members.
Players must check-in at the Coors Fitness Center front desk, then sign-up using the whiteboard in Gates Field House to be added to the player list.
How to Play
- Games are “first-come, first-serve” basis.
- The winning team stays on court until they lose. When the game ends, the next five players on the sign-up list are up.
- Games are played to 11, win by two points.
- Baskets made in front of the three-point arc = 1 point
- Baskets made behind the three-point arc = 2 points
- Violations are called by players and result in a side-out. No free throws are called, and disputes are settled by a “shoot off.”
- Shirts and soft-soled shoes must be worn at all times.
- No fighting, taunting or aggressive play is allowed. Violation of this policy can result in removal from the games.