Upcoming Member Events and Programs
These programs are free for Coors Fitness Center members and full-time DU students.
Click on the program name for more details.
Caring for the whole you.
Healthy Choices: The Heart of Good Health
Should you eat eggs? What about cheese? Can you have a glass of wine? How much exercise should you get? You make hundreds of small choices every day, but do they help or hurt your heart? Changing your choices can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. Follow these guidelines to keep your heart healthy — or help it heal.
Learn more at kp.org/thrive today.
Healthy Recipes sponsored by Honey Smoked Fish
Honey Smoke Fish Co. is a proud sponsor of Denver Athletics and Recreation! Honey Smoked Fish is unlike any smoked salmon available, It is all-natural and full cooked, therefore, has a flavor and texture that is simply not found in cold-smoked lox products. It is always fresh – never fozen. As healthy as it is delicious, Honey Smoked Fish is high in protein and Moega-3, which is proven to be beneficial for heart health and brain function. Enjoy the recipes and recources that Honey Smoke Salmon has provided as healthy nutritious options for Coors Fitness Center members!
This month’s recipe: Five Superfood Salad
- 8 ounces Honey Smoked Salmon
- 12 ounces romaine and iceberg lettuce mix
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small diced tomatoes (peeled and seeded)
- 1/2 cup small pieces mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup sun-dried cranberries
- 2 ounces cojack (colby and jack) cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 ounces toasted almonds (sliced or slivered)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing (store bought)
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette (store bought)
- Mix ranch and raspberry dressings together, blend thoroughly and set aside.
- Flake Honey Smoked Salmon into 4 equal 2oz. portions and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl add all lettuce, tomatoes, oranges, cranberries, cheese and almonds.
- Toss gently with berry ranch and then arrange on serving plates.
- Top with reserved Honey Smoked Salmon and blueberries and serve immediately.
Western Dairy Association Nutrition Corner
Dairy farmers nourishing people and planet with world-class care. Find out our latest health information in this month’s “Not All Calcium Sources are Created Equal”.