Jr. Pioneers Hockey tryouts are closed sessions with no spectators, except for U8 tryouts. For U10 tryouts, parents may assist players with their gear but may not watch tryouts. For U12-16, parents may check-in players but may not watch tryouts.
Team Registration & Fees
Team registration is completed online and available after tryouts. We recommend you review the Jr. Pioneers Hockey online registration tutorial.
Fees for the 2019-20 season include:
- Ice time for games and practices at the University of Denver
- Tournament entry fees for a selected number of tournaments. Additional tournaments above the number selected will be additional and collected by the team managers.
- Practice and game socks (U10-U16 get both, U8 get practice socks only), and helmet decals
- Practice jersey, and home and away game jerseys (U10-U16)
- Coaches’ salaries
- League fees
- Referee fees for home games
- Parking pass at designated areas on the University of Denver campus (Once you are selected for a team, instructions will be given on how to attain a pass.)
- One 10 Punch Pass per registered player for Stick & Puck
- One 10 Punch Pass per family for the Coors Fitness Center (can only be applied to one parent and cannot be shared)
- Dryland training run by varsity strength and conditioning coaches
- Dryland shirt and shorts
Players new to the Jr. Pioneers Hockey program will also have a $155 to accommodate the 2019-20 player package.
Only one discount of 10 percent will be applied. Discounts are not applied to deposits, tournament fees or the player package, and are only applied toward season fees after a player has been selected to a team.
- 10% for paying remaining balance in full
- 10% for multiple siblings per family (having more than one player in the Jr. Pioneers Hockey program). The highest registration fee applies first, then a 10% discount is applied for each player afterward.
- 10% for DU alumni, faculty and staff (automatically applied during registration; if it does not apply, please contact Jesse Badder at 303-871-3396)
- 10% for Ricks School students (please contact Jesse Badder at 303-871-3396 to use this discount)
To learn more about joining Jr. Pioneers Hockey, please complete the interest form below or contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388.