Registration is now open for the 2016-17 Jr. Pioneers Hockey season. To register:
- Register online with USA Hockey. Each player must be registered with USA Hockey, and we recommend you print and save each player’s confirmation number.
- Register online with CAHA. At least one parent/guardian for each player must be registered online with CAHA each season, as mandated by the CAHA SafeSport Program for CAHA/Avs Care.
- Read the parent/player handbook. This handbook is your agreement for the season with the Jr. Pioneers Hockey program. You cannot complete the registration process until you acknowledge that you have read the handbook.
- Release from any previous organizations. If you are new to the Jr. Pioneers Hockey program, you must attain a financial release from your previous program.
- Register online with Jr. Pioneers Hockey. During the registration process, you must enter your USA Hockey confirmation code from Step 1.
Registration & Season Information
Fees for the 2016-17 season include:
- Ice time for games and practices at home
- Tournament entry fees
- Practice socks and games socks (U8 players receive practice socks only.), and helmet decals
- Practice jersey, home and away jerseys (U10-U18 teams)
- Coaches’ salaries
- League fees and referee fees (for home games)
- Parking permit valid for designated areas on the University of Denver campus (Instructions for attaining your permit will be provided once a player has been selected to a team.)
- One Stick & Puck 10-punch pass per player
- One Coors Fitness Center 10-punch pass per family (applied only to one parent; cannot be shared)
- Discounted tickets to Jr. Pioneers Hockey nights at Denver Pioneers hockey games (games predetermined by the ticketing staff)
Only one discount of 10 percent will be applied. Discounts are not applied to deposits and are only applied toward season fees after a player has been selected to a team.
- 10% for paying remaining balance in full
- 10% for multiple siblings per family (having more than one player in the Jr. Pioneers Hockey program). The highest registration fee applies first, then a 10% discount is applied for each player afterward.
- 10% for DU alumni, faculty and staff (automatically applied during registration; if it does not apply, please contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388)
- 10% for Ricks School students (please contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388 to use this discount)
- DU Athletics & Recreation staff standard discount (automatically applied during registration; if it does not apply, please contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388)
Fundraising Toward Fees
Players looking to help offset registration fees can considering a program in conjunction with the Colorado Avalanche. For each season ticket you help the Colorado Avalanche sell, you receive a portion of the sale that can be used toward your Jr. Pioneers Hockey registration fees. If you are interested or would like more information, please review the program flyer and contact Jason Schofield at jason.schofield@TeamKSE.com.
This season, teams will be placed into specific tournaments, and players are expected to attend all team events including tournaments. Tournament fees are included in your season registration fees.
While teams will already be entered into tournament, teams may add additional tournaments. If a team decides to attend an additional tournament, the team manager will college additional funds for that purpose.
Number of Tournaments
U10 A, U12 AA, U14 AA, U16 AA: 4 tournaments (potentially out of state)
U10 B, U12 A, U14 A, U15 A/U16 A: 4 tournaments (potentially out of state)
U10 C, U12 B, U14 B: 3 tournaments (in-state only)
U8: 2 jams
Due to scheduling, some teams may need to practice in the morning between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m. This early start is designed to help families get back home after practice and before school.
Jr. Pioneers Hockey is looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Social Media
- Volunteer Recruitment
If you are interested in volunteering in any of these areas, please contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388 or email@example.com.