Registration is now open for the 2017-18 Jr. Pioneers Hockey season. To register:
- Register online with USA Hockey. Each player must be registered with USA Hockey, and we recommend you print and save each player’s confirmation number.
- Register online with CAHA. At least one parent/guardian for each player must be registered online with CAHA each season, as mandated by the CAHA SafeSport Program for CAHA/Avs Care.
- Read the parent/player handbook. This handbook is your agreement for the season with the Jr. Pioneers Hockey program. You cannot complete the registration process until you acknowledge that you have read the handbook.
- Release from any previous organizations. If you are new to the Jr. Pioneers Hockey program, you must attain a financial release from your previous program.
- Register online with Jr. Pioneers Hockey. During the registration process, you must enter your USA Hockey confirmation code from Step 1.
- Print and complete the Code of Conduct form and Consent to Treat form. These must be turned in at tryouts.
Registration & Season Information
Fees for the 2016-17 season include:
- Ice time for games and practices at the University of Denver
- Tournament entry fees for a selected number of tournaments. Additional tournaments above the number selected will be additional and collected by the team managers.
- Practice and game socks (U10-U16 get both, U8 get practice socks only), and helmet decals
- Practice jersey, and home and away game jerseys (U10-U16)
- Coaches’ salaries
- League fees
- Referee fees for home games
- Parking pass at designated areas on the University of Denver campus (Once you are selected for a team, instructions will be given on how to attain a pass.)
- One 10 Punch Pass per registered player for Stick & Puck
- One 10 Punch Pass per family for the Coors Fitness Center (can only be applied to one parent and cannot be shared)
- Third jersey that players get to keep
- Dryland training run by varsity strength and conditioning coaches
- Dryland shirt and shorts
For any questions regarding fees, please contact Jesse Badder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-871-3396.
Only one discount of 10 percent will be applied. Discounts are not applied to deposits and are only applied toward season fees after a player has been selected to a team.
- 10% for paying remaining balance in full
- 10% for multiple siblings per family (having more than one player in the Jr. Pioneers Hockey program). The highest registration fee applies first, then a 10% discount is applied for each player afterward.
- 10% for DU alumni, faculty and staff (automatically applied during registration; if it does not apply, please contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388)
- 10% for Ricks School students (please contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388 to use this discount)
- DU Athletics & Recreation staff standard discount (automatically applied during registration; if it does not apply, please contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388)
Fundraising Toward Fees
Players looking to help offset registration fees can considering a program in conjunction with the Colorado Avalanche. For each season ticket you help the Colorado Avalanche sell, you receive a portion of the sale that can be used toward your Jr. Pioneers Hockey registration fees. If you are interested or would like more information, please review the program flyer and contact Jason Schofield at jason.schofield@TeamKSE.com.
This season, teams will be placed into specific tournaments, and players are expected to attend all team events including tournaments. Tournament fees are included in your season registration fees.
While teams will already be entered into tournament, teams may add additional tournaments. If a team decides to attend an additional tournament, the team manager will college additional funds for that purpose.
Number of Tournaments
U10 AA, U12 AA, U14 AA & U16 AA: 4 tournaments
U10 A, U12 A, U14 A & U16 A: 4 tournaments
U10 B, U12 B, U14 B: 3 tournaments
U8: 2 jams
Due to scheduling, some teams may need to practice in the morning between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m. This early start is designed to help families get back home after practice and before school.
Jr. Pioneers Hockey is looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Social Media
- Volunteer Recruitment
If you are interested in volunteering in any of these areas, please contact Shawn Reid at 303-871-3388 or email@example.com.