The fourth annual Crimson Classic 5K run and 1.5 mile walk, hosted by the University of Denver’s Human Resources, is being held this afternoon, Wednesday, September 14 from 3 – 4 p.m.
This fun annual event celebrates health and wellness and Pioneer pride by bringing together the DU community for an afternoon of community involvement on our beautiful campus!
If you are not participating in this afternoon’s event, please note that the following roadways will be affected from 3 – 4 p.m.:
- High St. will be closed from Asbury ave. to Buchtel Blvd.
- Asbury Ave. will be closed from University Blvd. to High St.
- Jewell Ave. will be closed from York St. to University Blvd.
- York St. will be closed from Asbury Ave. to Jewell St.
- Race St. will be closed from Asbury Ave. to Evans Ave.
During this hour, to access Lot L., members and participants can enter and exit from westbound Evans Ave. and turn right on Gaylord (between fraternity houses before crosswalk). You will enter the garage on the south side of the law school and drive up two levels to the recreation spots.
If you’d like to sign up last minute, the race is open to all DU Students, Faculty/Staff, Alumni and Friends of the community. Registration is no longer available online, but you can register between 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. today on the campus Driscoll Green, where the race will begin. We hope you’ll join in supporting other Pioneers in their wellness initiatives!