With this week’s upcoming Homecoming and Family Weekend (October 14-15), the DU campus will host numerous visitors. We invite you to participate in the following Pioneer events and recommend you plan a few extra minutes when traveling to the Ritchie Center. On Saturday, October 15, Asbury Ave. on the south side of the Ritchie Center will be closed from 12 – 5:30 p.m. between Gaylord St. and Race St. for Pio Palooza and Taste of DU. Access to Lot L will still be available, but there will not be through traffic on Asbury Ave.
Friday, October 14
- Gymnastics Open House – 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. – Gymnastics – team introductions and refreshments. Free admission!
- Oktoberfest – 5 – 7 p.m. on Driscoll Green. Enjoy live music, food and Oktoberfest-theme games! Each $15 entry ticket includes four drink tickets + commemorative cup. Purchase tickets online.
- Volleyball vs North Dakota – 7 p.m. in Hamilton Gymnasium – arrive early with your hockey ticket and take a peek at Denver Volleyball for FREE.
- Hockey vs Boston University – 7:30p.m. in Magness Arena – includes National Championship banner recognition and reveal of student section name
Saturday, October 15
- Men’s Swimming and Diving Intrasquad – 12 p.m. in El Pomar Natatorium
- Club Rugby vs Regis – 2 p.m. on Diane Wendt Sports Fields
- Pio-Palooza and Taste of DU – 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. on Driscoll Green. This year, Taste of DU moves outdoors as part of Pio-Palooza: an outdoor carnival with games, live entertainment, and Taste of DU’s delicious sampling of food from local restaurants. Purchase tickets online.
- Hockey vs Boston University – 7 p.m. in Magness Arena
- Men’s Soccer vs. Western Illinois – 7 p.m. on CIBER Field
- Club Men’s Hockey vs UNC Greeley – 9 p.m. in Joy Burns Arena
Sunday, October 16
- Volleyball vs S. Dakota – 1 p.m. in Hamilton Gymnasium – wear PINK in support of Breast Cancer Awareness for free admission