Honey Smoke Fish Co. is a proud sponsor of Denver Athletics and Recreation! Honey Smoked Fish is unlike any smoked salmon available, It is all-natural and full cooked, therefore, has a flavor and texture that is simply not found in cold-smoked lox products. It is always fresh – never frozen. As healthy as it is delicious, Honey Smoked Fish is high in protein and Omega-3, which is proven to be beneficial for heart health and brain function. Enjoy the recipes and resources that Honey Smoke Salmon has provided as healthy nutritious options for Coors Fitness Center members!
This month’s recipe: Five Superfood Salad
- 8 ounces Honey Smoked Salmon
- 12 ounces romaine and iceberg lettuce mix
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small diced tomatoes (peeled and seeded)
- 1/2 cup small pieces mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup sun-dried cranberries
- 2 ounces cojack (colby and jack) cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 ounces toasted almonds (sliced or slivered)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing (store bought)
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette (store bought)
- Mix ranch and raspberry dressings together, blend thoroughly and set aside.
- Flake Honey Smoked Salmon into 4 equal 2oz. portions and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl add all lettuce, tomatoes, oranges, cranberries, cheese and almonds.
- Toss gently with berry ranch and then arrange on serving plates.
- Top with reserved Honey Smoked Salmon and blueberries and serve immediately.