With more than 300 members and 20 trips to choose from throughout the year, Alpine Club is your ticket to the outdoors!
Fall Quarter 2017 Trip List
- Freshmen Day Climb (open to freshman only): Saturday, September 16
- Aspen Backpacking: Friday, September 22 – Sunday, September 24
- Steamboat Multisport: Friday, September 29 – Sunday, October 1
- Wilderness First Aid (on campus): Friday, October 6 – Sunday, October 8
- Day Hike – Rocky Mountain National Park: Saturday, October 14
- 14er: Sunday, October 15
- 14er: Saturday, October 21
- Beginner Day Bike: Sunday, October 22
- Woodward Copper: Saturday, November 4
All experience levels are welcome on all trips, unless otherwise noted.
For pricing, departure and return times, and descriptions of each trip, visit the Alpine Club website, and select “Current Trip List” from the “Get Outdoors” drop down.
All University of Denver students are eligible to join Alpine Club at any point during the academic year. Membership is $50 and is valid for the entire academic year (September-May).
Members receive several benefits including:
- Current year’s Alpine Club t-shirt
- Alpine Club Nalgene water bottle
- Priority registration for all trips
- Discounted member rate for all trips
Registration will be available online beginning in September. Members may pick up their t-shirt and water bottle at any club meeting.
Weekly Alpine Club meetings are held every Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. in Lindsay Auditorium (Sturm 281) when fall, winter or spring quarter classes are in session.
These meetings serve as an opportunity to connect with club officers and other members while hearing from guest speakers, watching films, winning free stuff and more. The weekly meetings also serve as the pre-trip meeting, which is required for trip attendees for the upcoming weekend’s trips.
Get ready for the 2017-18 ski season and purchase your Epic Pass. Alpine Club is your connection on campus to purchase your Epic Pass each year. For DU students, the best pass to purchase is based on your age at the time of purchase:
- 18 or younger at the time you purchase your pass: Teen Pass
- 19 or older at the time you purchase your pass: College Pass
In Colorado, resorts include:
- Arapahoe Basin
- Beaver Creek
These are the same resorts our Ski Bus travels to throughout the ski season. Opportunities to purchase your pass directly from the club on campus will be offered throughout the fall and spring.
For questions, please contact Alpine Club directly at email@example.com.
Entering its second year in 2017-18, students can take advantage of ski buses throughout the winter season. Charter buses will take you from campus up to one of the Epic Pass resorts. The cost for a seat on the bus is typically between $10-15 and covers your transportation to the resort and back to campus. Students are responsible for their lift ticket, equipment, food and any other expenses. Registration will be online and is first come, first serve. Registration is discounted for Alpine Club members.
We recommend that students looking to make multiple trips to the mountains to purchase an Epic Pass through the club to save money.
Contact & Support
All of our officers can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Alpine Club continuing to be the primary connection to the outdoors, we are currently fundraising to help support our club’s equipment, travel and lodging needs.
We hope you will consider a gift to Alpine Club and appreciate your support, no matter the amount.