Club Climbing is one of DU’s largest club sports. Students can participate with our club either through our recreational side or competition team. Both groups hold practices at nearby local rock climbing gyms.
We also host several outdoor climbing day trips per quarter, primarily in the fall and spring quarters. Our competition team competes through USA Climbing’s Collegiate Series.
All experience levels are welcome, and we invite all students to join. Please contact any of our officers, listed below, if you have any questions or would like additional information about our club.
Club Climbing Accomplishments
- The team finished No. 13 at the Collegiate Climbing Series National Champioshnips in San Diego in 2017.
- The team finished No. 7 at the Collegiate Climbing Series National Championships in San Diego in 2016.
- Club member Tristan Chen won the individual national championship in the Sport category in 2015.
- The team finished No. 11 at the Collegiate Climbing Series National Championships in San Diego in 2015.
- The team provides both recreational and competitive climbing opportunities to accompany all skill levels.
Club Climbing Officer Information
All officers may be reached at email@example.com.
President: Meghan Keim
Vice President: Margaret Jacobsen
Treasurer: Kate Hieber
Secretary: Jasmine Murray
Competition Coach: Tristen Chen
Recreation Coaches: Johnathan Yost & Josiah Otto
Support Club Climbing
Club Climbing continues to be one of University of Denver’s most popular club sports. With one of the club’s members winning an individual national championship in 2015 and also securing a 13th place team finish at Nationals in 2017, the team looks to make another strong run this year. We are currently fundraising to support our team’s equipment needs and upcoming competition travel including Regionals and Nationals.
This year, we hope you will consider a gift to our team and appreciate your support, no matter the amount!