Since its introduction in 2007, Club Cycling has enjoyed national success and support from the DU and Denver communities. Our team allows members to compete in the mountain bike (fall quarter) and/or road (March-May) disciplines, and we invite any student with an interest in cycling to come to a club practice. All skill levels are welcome.
We participate in the Rocky Mountain Cycling Conference through USA Cycling’s Collegiate Division and travel to both local and regional competitions. On most weekends during the road season, our team has three races: a time trial, a road race and a criterium. In May, our qualifying “A” racers compete at nationals.
All competing members receive a racing kit, team apparel, partial or full race entry fee reimbursement, and access to team training sessions.
If you have any questions regarding our team, please contact one of our club officers, listed below.
Club Cycling Accomplishments
- Jenna Stauffer competed at the Collegiate Road Nationals in 2017 and placed ninth in the Criterium, 10th in Road and 11th in Time Trial in the Division I women’s category.
- Stauffer also competed at Road Nationals in 2016 and placed 16th in Road and 9th in the Individual Omnium for the Division II Women’s category.
- Two team members qualified to the Collegiate Road Nationals in Asheville, N.C. in 2015.
- The team hosts the annual DU Criterium at Denver’s City Park, hosting divisions for collegiate racers and the general public.
- Competes in the Mountain season in the Fall and the Road season in the Winter/Spring
Club Cycling Officer Information
President: Jacob Richardson | email@example.com
Vice President: Christa Gutzel | firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Tom Szeremeta | email@example.com
Secretary: Andrew Youngman | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountain Bike Director: Tim O’Meara | email@example.com
Support Club Cycling
Club Cycling brings its focus to mountain nike season in the fall and its road season in the winter/spring. With our season consisting of several weekend trips including Nationals, we are currently fundraising to support travel, entry fees and equipment/race kits.
This year, we hope you will consider a gift to our team and appreciate your support, no matter the amount!