Club Figure Skating is open to all DU students, regardless of your skating skills. Our members range from beginners to senior-level competitors. We participate in the Pacific Coast Sectional within US Figure Skating’s Intercollegiate Team Skating program. We practice five days a week in Joy Burns Arena. Ice time is included in our annual membership dues, and skaters are welcome to work with an individual coach.
If you are interested in joining our team or would like more information, please contact one of our club officers, listed below.
Club Figure Skating Accomplishments
- The club was recognized at the Sandra Johnson Memorial Award winners for the 2016-17 school year.
- We won the Club Sports Cup for the 2016-17 school year.
- The team won the 2016 Tiger Challenge at Colorado College.
- We finished the 2016-17 season in third place at Pacific Coast Sectionals and ninth at Nationals.
- The team finished the 2015-2016 season at Pacific Coast Sectional Championships and with a ninth place finish at Nationals.
- We finished second at Golden Bear Skate at Cal-Berkeley in 2016.
- We took home first place at the Ram Classic at Colorado State University in 2015.
- The team finished second at the Tiger Challenge at Colorado College in 2015.
- We host the annual Pioneer Open competition on campus against the best teams in the Pacific Coast sectional.
Club Figure Skating Officer Information
All of our officers can be reached at email@example.com.
President: Anna Williams
Vice President: Morgan Windmueller
Treasurer: Isabel Reiches
Secretary: Catherine Spale
Competition Chair: Brooke Comstock
PR Chair: Mary Lunsford
Support Club Figure Skating
Club Figure Skating had a great 2016-17 season, finishing third in the Pacific Coast Sectional and ninth at Nationals. We are looking to build on our success this year so far and have another strong showing at Nationals. We are looking for support to be able to send all of our members to each competition, which will help us earn more points!
We hope you will consider a gift to Club Figure Skating and appreciate your support, no matter the amount.