Club Men’s Ice Hockey is a competitive team comprised of male DU students with previous hockey experience. Tryouts are typically held during Discoveries Week (Orientation Week) each September.
We compete in Division II of the American Collegiate Hockey Association and compete locally, regionally and nationally. Out-of-state trips from the past few years have included Texas, California, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah and Arizona.
Practices are twice a week during the fall and winter quarters on campus at our two ice rinks, Joy Burns Arena and Magness Arena.
For more information on our team, please feel free to contact any of our club officers, listed below.
Club Men’s Ice Hockey invites male students with competitive ice hockey experience to our tryouts being held during Orientation Week on our ice rinks (Joy Burns Arena and Magness Arena). Students interested in playing during the 2018-19 season must be able to commit to two practices a week during fall and winter quarters, along with 27-30 regular season games, two out-of-state weekend trips, conference playoffs, regionals and nationals (upon qualification).
Interested players are invited to our optional open skates on September 6 where you can meet the coaches, team officers and returning players before scrimmaging before actual tryouts begin on September 7.
Cost: $40/player (cash or check made out to DU Club Men’s Ice Hockey), collected on first night of tryouts
Optional Open Skate (highly recommended):
- Thursday, September 6, from 8:30-10:00 p.m. (in Magness Arena)
- Friday, September 7, from 9:15-10:45 p.m. (in Joy Burns Arena)
- We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early to complete paperwork.
- Saturday, September 8, from 8:45-10:15 p.m. (in Joy Burns Arena)
If you have any questions or would like to be on the contact list for the team to receive reminders and additional information, please contact the team officers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Game Schedule
January 5 | at Northern Colorado | 8:00 p.m.
January 11 | vs. Northern Arizona | 9:00 p.m.
January 12 | vs. Dakota College at Bottineau | 9:00 p.m.
January 13 | vs. Weber State | 9:00 p.m.
January 14 | vs. Williston State | 9:00 p.m.
January 20 | vs. Northern Colorado | 8:00 p.m.
January 21 | at Colorado-Boukder | 1:00 p.m.
January 25 | at Aurora (Ill.) | 2:00 p.m.
January 26 | vs. Robert Morris (in Illinois) | 8:50 p.m.
January 27 | vs. Robert Morris (in Illinois) | 7:50 p.m.
February 2 | vs. Metro State | 9:00 p.m.
February 3 | at Metro State | 6:00 p.m.
Club Men’s Hockey Accomplishments
- The team finished sixth (out of more than 50 teams) in the American Collegiate Hockey Association West Regional rankings for the 2016-17 season.
- In the 2016-17 season, the team competed in the semifinals at the ACHA West Regional.
- The team finished eighth in the American Collegiate Hockey Association West Regional rankings for the 2014-15 season.
- Two club members qualified to the ACHA All-Star weekend in 2015.
- The team reached the ACHA regional tournament finals in Tempe, Ariz., in 2015.
- We host the annual Skate-A-Thon each winter to fundraise for regional competition travel.
Club Men’s Hockey Officer Information
All of our officers can be reached at email@example.com.
President: Jonathan Miller
Vice President: Cole Simpson
Treasurer: Josh Rubin
Secretary: Garrett Howhannesian
Support Club Men’s Hockey
Club Men’s Ice Hockey fundraises each year to provide opportunities for all team participants to travel around the country to take on the best competition our league has to offer. Our goal is to qualify for Regionals and Nationals each year. Our team participates in the annual Skate-a-Thon in March which helps not only provide travel opportunities but also equipment for our team.
We hope you will consider a gift to Club Men’s Ice Hockey and appreciate your support, no matter the amount.