Keep fit with a different work out every day from our staff!
Here are the daily workouts for January 20 – 26, 2014.
We always recommend that you stretch and complete a five-minute warm-up before and a five-minute cool-down after every workout.
MONDAY, JANUARY 20 – Weights
Details: Complete five sets of five reps for each activity:
- Back squat
- Bench press
- Dead lift
- Weighted pull-ups
- Shoulder press
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21 – Total Body Quickie
From personal trainer Jill Barghelame
Details: Complete 10 reps of each exercise, rest, then repeat:
- Left lunge pulls
- Right lunge pulls
- Side-to-side push-ups
- Jump over a bench OR knee tuck jumps
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22 – Deck of Cards
Details: Regular deck of 52 cards needed.
- Choose an exercise for each suit (i.e.: clubs = push-ups, diamonds = sit-ups, spades = jumping jacks, hearts = lunges)
- Draw a card from a shuffled deck
- Do the exercise for as many times as the number of the card drawn (face cards = 10, aces = 1 or 11, jokers = double what you pick next)
- Try to complete the entire deck, or go as far as possible.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 23 – Leg Blaster
Details: Complete five sets of each:
- Squats: 20 reps
- Jumping lunges: 10 reps per leg
- Walking lunges: 20 reps
- Jump squats: 10 reps
FRIDAY, JANUARY 24 – 30-Minute Hill Workout
Details: Done on a stationary bike
- Select “Programs” on bike; choose a hill workout
- Choose an appropriate resistance
- Run program for 30 minutes
SATURDAY, JANUARY 25 – Bodyweight Exercises Against the Clock
Details: Complete the full set of activities every minute for a total of 20 minutes.
- Burpees: 5 reps
- Jump squats: 7 reps
- Push-ups: 10 reps
SUNDAY, JANUARY 26 – Full-body Workout
Details: Complete 50 reps of each:
- Kettle bell swings
- Box jumps
- Arnold presses
- Back extensions
- Sumo dead lift with upright row
- Hanging leg lifts
*Don’t know some of the activities? Stop by the Coors Fitness Center, and our staff and trainers will help you out!